If you are interested, please contact Connie Nyholm at
(434) 822-7700 x.118 or email cnyholm@VIRnow.com
Work in the Fast Lane
The industrial parks at VIR offer their tenants a strategic Mid-Atlantic location in the heart of Southern Virginia. Raceplex is a gated industrial park with key pad access, restricted to participants and spectators most of the time. Sites and buildings are available on a lease basis or build-to-suit. The Virginia Motorsport Technology Park (VMTP) adjacent to Raceplex is accessed via the public ACE Drive off VIR’s main entrance, Pine Tree Road. Sites and buildings are available for sale, lease, or build-to-suit.
Both parks offer their occupants an “unfair advantage” over their competitors – a premium location adjacent to VIRginia International Raceway’s world-class road courses for on track testing and close proximity to other race support and research and development. VIR industrial park tenants lead the way in motorsports innovation, research and development.
Located in the Heart of Racing Country!
Centrally located in Virginia’s Motorsports Alley, VIR’s Industrial Parks offer convenient access to several major metropolitan areas, with the benefit of lower costs associated with Southern Virginia.
VIRginia International Raceway is physically located 12 miles east of Danville, Virginia and 20 miles west of South Boston, Virginia just north of the North Carolina state line.
- Raleigh, NC – 1 hour south
- Greensboro, NC – 1 hour south
- Richmond, VA – 2 hours north
- Charlotte, NC – 2.5 hours south
- Washington, D.C. – 4.5 hours north
VIR is America’s Motorsports Resort and offers the following for your employees and customers:
- Luxury onsite lodging
- Kart track racing
- Skeet and other shooting sports
- Full service fun dining
- Hiking and mountain bike trails
- Oak Tree Spa
- Team building activities
Our Tenants include:
SoVa Motion Vehicle Lab operated by VTTI (Virginia Tech Transportation Institute)
National Tire Research Center operated by VTTI (Virginia Tech Transportation Institute)
TMI Autotech, Inc. – manufacturer of the Ariel Atom
SascoSports Inc, . – vintage car preparation and tire distribution
Krause & Associates – driver training specialists
Optimum Vehicle Testing Capabilities
- Five world-class roadcourse configurations ranging from 1.1 miles to 4.1 miles with up to 130 foot elevation change.
- Off-road rally stages and undeveloped roads.
- ATV and SUV trails and obstacle courses.
- Lunchtime testing privileges.
- 5/8 mile road course kart track with 30’ elevation can be driven in both directions.
- SoVa Motion’s 8-post shaker rig plus two driver simulators, shock lab, and more.
- National Tire Research Center with America’s premiere Force and Moment Tire Test facility
- Old Dominion University’s drivetrain lab and chassis dynomometer.
Long-term lease and purchase options are all available in VIR’s Industrial Parks. Lots start at 3/4 acres and shop sizes typically vary between 1,200 and 12,000 square feet or larger (to suit). We will work with you to meet your unique requirements, delivering a turnkey product to your specifications.
Southern Virginia has a rich racing heritage and recognizes that the motorsports industry is a significant contributor to the region’s economy. VIR’s Industrial Parks are located in a new enterprise zone with a variety of economic incentives available to new businesses based on job creation and capital investment.
State and local governments have pledged to work hard in support of both small and large racing-related businesses. Now is the time to capitalize on their commitment to motorsports. Visit VIR’s Industrial Parks today for a tour and experience for yourself what it would be like to work in the fast lane!
- Building A is 20,000 sq ft with 14 ft eaves and 24 ft ridge.
- Building B is 10,000 sq ft with 16.3 ft eaves and 20 ft ridge.
- Building C is 10,000 sq ft with 16.3 ft eaves and 19 ft ridge.
Each of the 3 buildings is available with six months free rent applied to a minimum 5-year lease. (limited time offer)
Connie Nyholm, Managing Partner
1245 Pine Tree Road | Alton, Virginia 24520
434.822.7700 x.118 | cnyholm@VIRnow.com