Veteran motorsports journalist and old VIR hand Bill King is compiling the track’s official history to be published in serial format beginning with The Early Years.
Future installments to be offered over the next several years will cover these topics:
• Paul Rembold holds it together for 14 years.
• The early Pro races.
• Hope and despair – the 1974 renovation and closing
• The fallow years and rediscovery.
• Rebirth of a legendary racetrack.
• A major motorsports facility springs up in Southern Virginia.
• Pro racing at VIR in the new millennium.
• VIR’s signature event – The Gold Cup.
• Time Machine – what if a savior had come along in 1974?
Sections will be packaged as 10” x 16” loose-leaf pages you can keep in an Official VIR Living History notebook. Although a bound coffee-table volume will be published at a future date, subsequent installments still can be added to the notebook.
o Part 1: The Early Years (pages only) $10.00
o Cover Binder (binder only) $25.00
o Cover Binder plus The Early Years $35.00
o Shipping and Handling (USPS) $5.00
o Autographed Copies available
Credit Card purchases, call 434.822.7700 x127 or
mail check or money order with shipping address to:
History Book | VIRginia International Raceway | 1245 Pine Tree Rd. | Alton, VA 24520
Ben David Jewelers have designed an array of official VIR jewelry items displaying the VIR track and logo – available for men and women.