Due to requirements set forth by the current Executive Order for the state of Virginia, no gatherings over 50 people indoors and no gatherings over 100 people outdoors are allowed. A mask is required for indoor gatherings and outdoor gatherings if social distancing is not possible.
VIR’s MEASURES AGAINST COVID-19
The Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has been responding to an outbreak of respiratory disease caused by a coronavirus for over a year. The virus has been detected in numerous locations internationally, including in the United States. VIR is taking great measures to protect our guests from this very harmful virus.
The number one priority for the staff at VIR is the health and safety of our guests. We have no reason to believe coronavirus is present at the facility. We are working closely with public health officials to follow all recommendations and best practices regarding the virus. We are also adhering to the latest Executive Orders handed down by Virginia’s Governor, Ralph Northam.
At this time, most of VIR’s staff are back at the facility on a regular basis. Staff who are onsite are working in modified areas so they can follow CDC and WHO guidelines along with local safe practices.
Our ticket office will reopen on April 12 as we resume tickets sales for 2021 events. All ticket sales will be online of via the phone (434-822-TIKS) so we can follow the CDC and WHO guidelines. Tickets ordered online can be printed at home. Printed tickets will be mailed as purchases are processed.
TMI Racing Products
TMI Racing Products is open weekdays based on the track rental schedule and during event weekends. TMI offers contactless payment to customers and require that a mask be worn in their shop. The shop also limits the number of customers to 10 at a time while encouraging 6 feet social distancing. TMI Racing Products also offers online shopping through their online store. Visit the online store by clicking here.
VIR is working with our partners and sanctioning bodies to develop plans and procedures specific to their individual events. This may include closing the garage, limiting paddock access and daily check-in to ensure all are healthy as they enter the facility.
We are currently taking the following steps to ensure the safest and cleanest environment for our staff and guests:
Increased cleaning – Our janitorial staff adheres to the recommendations set forth in the U.S. EPA’s Emerging Pathogen Policy regarding cleaning disinfectants.
High-touch areas are sanitized at least twice daily (and more often when larger groups are onsite), such as:
- Restrooms (door handles, sink faucets and commode handles are cleaned several times daily)
- All entrance door handles and main door handles to each building
- Public furniture
- All rooms prior to and immediately following use
- Offices and all kitchen areas
Protective barriers. Protective barriers have been placed at all windows at the Pagoda Grill concessions area.
Staff Training and Safety
Staff Training and Safety – All VIR Security, Fire Safety, EMT, and paramedic personnel have guidelines and training from local and national public health departments on how to recognize possible symptoms of Coronavirus as well as steps in containment. We are requiring all of our employees to conduct wellness and temperature checks daily before entering the facility.
PLEASE REVIEW OUR CORONAVIRUS FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (BELOW)
Protecting Yourself From the Virus
SOME WAYS TO PROTECT YOURSELF AGAINST CORONAVIRUS INCLUDE:
- Avoid contact with people who are sick
- Stay home if you are sick
- Avoid touching your eyes, mouth, or nose
- Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue and immediately dispose of the tissue
- Practice Social Distancing by maintaining a distance of at least six feet from others
- Wear a cloth covering over your nose and mouth if safe distancing practices are limited
- Clean and disinfect regularly touched objects and services
- Frequently wash your hands with soap and water
- Frequently use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol
FOR MORE INFORMATION ON PROTECTING YOURSELF FROM CORONAVIRUS, PLEASE REVIEW THE INFORMATION PROVIDED BY THE CENTER FOR DISEASE CONTROL AND PREVENTION. LINKS ARE PROVIDED BELOW.
About Coronavirus and Additional Information
The Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is responding to an outbreak of respiratory disease caused by a coronavirus. In December 2019, a new kind of coronavirus, COVID-19, was identified as the cause of various cases of pneumonia in Wuhan City, Hubei Province of China. The virus has been detected in 50+ areas internationally, including the United States. The virus is thought to be spread from person-to-person, particularly between people who are in close contact with one another (within about 6 feet of each other).
The main symptoms of COVID-19 coronavirus include:
- Shortness of breath
For more information on facts and figures, you can visit the World Health Organization’s Coronavirus Disease situation reports.
For more information on COVID-19 please follow the links below:
Have you added extra staff to address this situation?
While all staff will be equipped to sanitize or disinfectant their assigned area, there is additional staff on-site when needed based on the size of the group and attendance.
Do you have any medical staff on-site?
VIR has a Safety Director who works closely with local and national health agencies. The Safety Director works closely with facility management and our EMS Department, including our on-site medical center, paramedics, and security to ensure our team is prepared for medical emergencies onsite, including communicable diseases.
Ongoing Efforts for Events
Ongoing Efforts for Events
VIR leadership has taken a proactive approach, and additional measures are in place to minimize the spread of any viruses during Test Days, Club Events, Schools, etc.
THOSE MEASURES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- High-traffic worker positions (registration, waivers, etc.) have been issued appropriate PPE including gloves.
- Guests may purchase tickets online and Print at Home for contactless scanning at the gates.
- VIR tickets are scanned at the gates to allow for proper contact tracing.
- Any walk-up ticket sales may be asked to provide basic information to allow for proper contact tracing.
- All permanent restroom door handles are cleaned multiple times per day based on the size of groups onsite.
- All portable restrooms also include foaming hand sanitizer stations.
- Contactless payment options are available at the VIR Ticket Office.
- Equipment with high-contact rates (radios, headsets, clipboards, etc.) is sanitized before and between uses when they are shared.
- For enclosed areas, we are requiring limited numbers and safe best practices per CDC, WHO, and in accordance with state mandates requiring masks and social distancing.
- Any driver’s/corner worker meetings normally held indoors are conducted outside.
- Event attendees and staff are encouraged to minimize direct, physical contact as much as possible while social functions are discouraged.
- Experts have repeatedly stated that the best defense is to practice good personal hygiene, with regular hand washing being highly effective at preventing the spread of viruses.
Providing a safe environment for our partners, visitors, guests, and staff is our top priority. Through public health organizations such as the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO), we are staying abreast of the latest updates and developments as they occur. We are also in close communication with our local public health and government officials to determine what additional safeguards may need to be implemented.
This is an evolving situation, and rest assured that any actions we take will be consistent with guidelines from these agencies. Please continue to visit our website to learn of any changes to the event schedule as they become available.