The ideal candidate will be an experienced, take charge professional with the ability to manage the creative demands of the brand, execute additional project work, and succeed in a fast paced environment. This is a high powered team position spending some time outdoors and is hands-on.
The candidate must be able to anticipate project needs, discern work priorities, meet deadlines with little supervision, and be willing to work occasional evenings and weekends.
The creative designer should be comfortable with presenting creative solutions to various problems and be an enthusiastic professional. They are responsible for producing, updating, and revising both print and digital marketing collateral and enforcing established corporate brand standards. In addition, this position also works in conjunction with external vendors for production and delivery.
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred but Associate’s plus commensurate experience will be considered.
- Three years of professional experience in a graphic and/or creative design position.
- Willingness to work either indoors or outdoors.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Take ownership of and provide guidelines for all company branding efforts, maintaining consistency and ensuring correct application of the brand across all media.
- Develop design and style elements that reinforce the company’s image by maintaining and organizing brand assets and style guides.
- Design printed materials (brochures, rack cards, trade show signage, fact sheets, posters, flyers, selling tools, signs, special promotions, banners, advertisements, etc) meeting brand standards and guidelines.
- Provide support graphics for marketing and event coordinators to successfully promote the brand and events on digital platforms, including VIR website and all social media.
- Coordinate the production of collateral materials, working with printers to manage schedules and on-time delivery. Review and approve proofs for a high-level of quality.
- Develop presentation graphics and provide design support for presentations as needed, creating and designing elements for revenue-generating campaigns and client loyalty programs.
- Coordinate staff apparel program.
- During large events, oversees media center. This includes set up, management, tear down and troubleshooting throughout the event.
- Support other marketing initiatives/programming as directed.
- Must be willing to work extended hours during event weekends.
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop.
- Advanced knowledge of PowerPoint.
- Understanding of social media graphics and standards across various platforms.
- Ability to design in a variety of styles to accommodate all VIR’s offerings, including track events, hospitality, restaurant, and event planning.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and assignments.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, both in person and by phone, with a high level of professionalism.
- High-level organization skills with ability to work independently with minimal direction.
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to adapt to a situation/environment quickly.
- Fantastic customer service ethic and high expectations for success.
- Web design experience a plus.
- Knowledge of or experience with embroidery graphics a plus.
The items listed above are the priority, but do not exclude the candidate from being a VIR World ambassador at all times and offering assistance to all VIR programs/employees when they are in need. If interested in this fast paced, dynamic position, send your resume and cover letter to Mike Rose at firstname.lastname@example.org.