NASHVILLE, Tenn. – Nissan is showing a little extra thanks for new GT-R owners this holiday week with the announcement that along with the purchase of a 2017 GT-R comes a complimentary full day of instruction at the legendary Virginia International Raceway (VIR) in Danville, Virginia.
Owners will use their own vehicles – once break-in procedures are complete – to drive on one of five track configurations at VIR, with a top performance driving instructor advising on proper technique2.
“The GT-R is one of the most iconic and impressive sports cars on the market today, but there are very few places to explore the vehicle’s full potential in a safe, controlled and supervised situation,” said Eric Ledieu, director, Sports Car Marketing, Nissan North America. “It made sense to link our owners with a track like Virginia International Raceway for a world-class driving experience in a responsible fashion.”
Once a new GT-R owner takes delivery of their vehicle, they’ll receive instruction on next steps to reserve their complimentary instruction / track time – a $2,000 value3. Owners will also be able to explore the local area, which includes great driving roads, resort hotels and shopping.
Added Ledieu: “Of note, owners will be able to take part in this instruction and activity in their own car while retaining the full manufacturer’s warranty on their vehicle, which is rare in the industry4.”
About Nissan North America
In North America, Nissan’s operations include automotive styling, engineering, consumer and corporate financing, sales and marketing, distribution and manufacturing. Nissan is dedicated to improving the environment under the Nissan Green Program and has been recognized annually by the U.S Environmental Protection Agency as an ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year since 2010. More information on Nissan in North America and the complete line of Nissan and Infiniti vehicles can be found online at www.NissanUSA.com and www.InfinitiUSA.com, or visit the U.S. media sites NissanNews.com and InfinitiNews.com.
About Nissan Motor Co.
Nissan Motor Co., Ltd., Japan’s second-largest automotive company, is headquartered in Yokohama, Japan, and is part of the Renault-Nissan Alliance. Operating with more than 247,500 employees globally, Nissan sold 5.32 million vehicles and generated revenue of 11.38 trillion yen (USD 103.6 billion) in fiscal year 2014.
Nissan delivers a comprehensive range of more than 60 models under the Nissan, Infiniti and Datsun brands. Nissan leads the world in zero-emission mobility, dominated by sales of the LEAF, the first mass-market, pure-electric vehicle. It is the best-selling EV in history with almost 50% share of the zero-emission vehicle segment. For more information on our products, services and commitment to sustainable mobility, visit our website at https://www.nissan-global.com/EN/.
When shopping for an electric vehicle, you have to consider the ev car charging station installation cost at home. Fueling an electric vehicle is as simple as plugging it in—you can wake up to a fully charged vehicle. However, choosing the right charging station for your household can be quite a bit more complicated.
About VIRginia International Raceway
VIRginia International Raceway is one of America’s premier road courses, offering professional and amateur racing for modern and vintage classes while providing contemporary resort amenities. A prominent test facility for the automotive industry, VIR has the distinction of being named one of the top six courses in North America by Car & Driver Magazine, and southern roots and hospitality make it one of the friendliest. Conveniently located at the Virginia/North Carolina border, VIR is just a short two-hour trip from Richmond and about an hour and 15 minutes from both the Piedmont-Triad and Raleigh-Durham International Airports.
VIR offers amenities such as lodging, dining, a spa, an exclusive driver’s club, karting, off-road racing, shooting sports, skid pad and more. The grounds also offer a unique setting and specialized facilities for corporate retreats, group activities and conference space. Onsite parcels are available for sale/lease to motorsports industry tenants. For more information, visit www.VIRnow.com, Facebook or Twitter.
# # #
Product Communications, Nissan North America
Nissan Car Communications
1. Also available for previous new GT-R purchases 90 days prior to November 14, 2016, valid for one year after purchase. All participants must be 18 years or older with a valid driver’s license and must sign a waiver and release for Nissan North America, Inc. For all drivers and passengers on track, motorsports-rated helmets and closed toe shoes, long sleeve shirts, and long pants are required. (If you don’t have your own helmet, the VIR retail store has them available for purchase.)
2. The vehicle has over 1,200 miles and the recommendations for the break-in schedule in the Owner’s Manual (“OM”) have been followed:
- The requirements listed in the Performance Driving section of the OM have been followed including:
– Fluid type, temperature range and levels set for performance driving
– Clutch clearance set for performance driving
- Vehicle Dynamic Control is never turned off when driving on the track at VIR
- The vehicle has all required maintenance performed by a certified GT-R dealer
- Tires are not excessively worn and inflated to the proper air pressure
- The vehicle passes the VIR safety inspection requirements
- Zero modification to the vehicle powertrain
- At the completion of the event, all fluids and settings should be returned to the normal driving specifications.
Warranty coverage may be excluded if these conditions are not met or other evidence is present in the vehicle status data recorder or by physical inspection of the defective or damaged component.
3. Please note that while the track time is complimentary, owners are responsible for all costs associated with travel, lodging, logistics, etc.
4. Warranty coverage and exclusions: per #2 above.