At VIR, professional drivers aren’t the only ones who can drive on our racetrack, recognized as one of the top six road courses in the nation by Car and Driver Magazine. There are several ways for you to get on the track:
Almost every successful professional racing driver in the world today got his or her start in karting. The dynamics of driving are amplified on the kart track, making them easier to understand, practice and master than when driving a full-sized car. Feed your need for speed on the VIR Kart Track, our state-of the-art 5/8 mile, 24-foot-wide paved circuit. Our karts run ungoverned motors capable of speeds in excess of 50 mph, the fastest speeds you’ll find for go-karts anywhere.
VIR hosts two or three Charity Laps events each season. Community members are invited to make a small donation that entirely benefits a local charity, to take your car, truck or bike for a spin on the track. A VIR pace car leads the way, guiding drivers at highway speeds. Check out our calendar for the next Charity Laps event.
For those looking to drive their sports, classic or high performance car at VIR, joining the VIR Club is the answer. Members of the VIR Club enjoy 18 exclusive member driving days each year. Members get from 2 to 8 hours of track time per day depending on track configuration, event type and club member attendance numbers. To learn more about the VIR Club, click here.
While VIR Club provides the most track access for individuals, many groups also rent the track at VIR and provide their participants track access.
Participate in an exclusive program not found at any other race track in America. Get the chance to drive or ride along in modern, high-downforce specialty race cars, an experience you will never forget. Schedule your thrill ride in single or two-day options, or purchase five-lap ride alongs as part of your VIR group or corporate event. For more details, 434.822.7700 Ext. 105.
- Apex Driving Events
- Audi Club North America
- Chin Track Days
- ChampCar Endurance Series
- David Murry Track Days
- Ferrari Club of America-Southeast Region
- Formula and Prototype Driving Experiences
- Hooked on Driving
- Kaizen Autosport
- Ken Kirkham Track Days Fun Run
- National Auto Sport Association (NASA)
- National Corvette Museum
- North Carolina Region Sports Car Club of America
- Northern New Jersey Region Porsche Club of America
- Phil Wicks Driving Academy
- SCDA-Sports Car Driving Association
- SVT Cobra Mustang Club
- Tarheel Chapter – BMW Car Club of America
- Tarheel Sports Car Club
- Teen Driving Solutions School
- Track Club USA
- Track Daze
- Porsche Club of America
- Porsche Club of America-First Settlers
- Porsche Club of Ameirca-Carolinas Region
- Porsche Club of America-Northern New Jersey Region
- Porsche Club of America-Potomac Region
- Porsche Club of America-Zone 2